Acne Craters Caved in on Pubescent Skin


Girls at school would be covered in the 

Thickest layer of orange

Conscious that the scars from 

Anxiety habits of picking 

Would peek through the pound concealer

 

But this is no peter piper picked a peck of picked peppers 

This is Georgia and Zara and Molly 

Comparing the sizes of their breasts in the 

P.E. changing rooms

 

Egging on the asmtha from the 

Victoria secret perfume that has been 

Sprayed 19 times to mask the scent of the boys 

Who played rugby 37 minutes ago

 

This is a young me getting changed in the 

Toilets because I was undeveloped underneath 

My white vest - a white vest not a bra


My nokia 100 displayed a snake 

Winding round a square screen

Their bbm pins were swapped 

On scribbled notes with multicoloured 

Hearts and kisses 

Next to their average names

 

Boasting about the boy bands 

They met and how Harry or Niall or Zayne 

Hugged them and Oh how they’d never wash again

 

I backcombed my hair and slipped on a leather jacket 

Just to be called degrading names

You Might Also Like

0 comments