Fields for Miles

 

The countryside is beautiful 

Unless you’re trapped there...

 

A few miles

To the nearest town

 

Can’t knock on your friends doors 

Or even see them around

 

My childhood was books and sunsets

An occasional game of football 

With my grandad

 

Helped him in a garage in our garden

Just to have a conversation 

With someone 

With anyone

 

So don’t be upset if my social skills

Aren’t all that

 

If I struggle to hold eye contact 

Or seem really excited just to see you 

Or have a chat

Cause I’m appreciative and that

People are so fucking cool

And it’s what I lacked

 

And the kids at school

Weren’t that nice 

 

Couldn’t keep a friend above a month

Cause we just weren’t right

didn’t vibe...

 

Had to grow up too quick 

And talk with my grandparents friends 

About things I couldn’t care less about...

 

Couldn’t escape or leave the house

 

Cause where would I go?

 

And running around 

Was kinda lame

 

Trust issues 

&

Abandonment 

 

Were to blame

 

So I’m sorry if I don’t reminisce about 

Childhood memories 

 

Cause we just weren’t brought up the same

You Might Also Like

0 comments