Tame Verse


 A lot of my poetry comes with a trigger warning 

Not because I’m here to upset or offend anyone 

But because I’m here to be truthful and honest 

 

If my own experience upsets you or 

Causes you grief than it’s clear to see that 

Maybe 

You’re just not built 

The same way as me

 

Strength comes from the deepest places

It’s not a journey you choose

But are thrown

Headfirst

Down a path

That isn’t sign posted

 

No amount of self-help books

Ease the pain of it... 

 

Independence

Isn’t a choice

But it comes from sheer survival instincts

 

My brother and I are strong 

The strongest people I know in fact

Not everyone can lose a parent 

Let alone both before the age of 25

 

But me and my brother did

we survived it

 

 

And that is warrior shit

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments