Social Media Likes


Who gives a shit about 

How many likes 

Your last post got

Oh right...

You do

 

& I used to be the same

Wondering what I could do... to...

Reach fame...

 

& at the end of the day...

I’d rather have 10 likes

On a poem that I worked

My ass off for

Than a sexy pic of...

My ass

 

Because 10 people in a room

Is much mor than I’d

Be comfortable with 

Really

 

& those 10 people

May even comment

& I’ll read them all

We may even continue

The conversation 

& build up a relationship

Based on me chatting shit

So why chase likes & validation?

 

Instead chase your dreams

Put a pen to paper 

& just write 

Write everything you

See

Feel 

Breathe

Poetry is where life is

It’s here for you

More than you believe

 

& there’s people who are on

The same journey as you...

 

Different parts of the journey 

But you’ve made it to the same road

 

Not distracted by signposts 

That scream

Lack of dignity or toxicity 

Because I crave simplicity 

In these times of need

 

So we may not be on the 

Same wavelength

 

But as long as our morals

Overlap & intertwine 

Then our friendship

Will be just fine

 

Fuck

What’s considered acceptable

If you’re happy?

 

Because if you put your

Love & hobbies first 

 

Then to me 

You

Are the most

Respectable

 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments